Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My Favorite Son..... Wordful Wednesday





When I had my 1st child, I was a naive 21 year old .... I was not ready to be a mother, but God thought different..... when I was about 5 months along, and I got in a car accident when someone crossed the line and hit us head on... we rolled down a hill and my placenta was tore from the seat belt.... we were lucky to be alive, but they told us that they figured I was going to lose the baby......



Well, he was persistent and pulled thru, and he came into this world about 6 weeks early but at a whopping 6 lbs. 4 oz (that is big for a preemie)... I remember going into the NICU and having to have 2 nurses help me get him out of the incubator, because of all the tubes and wires he needed and he seemed so small and fragile... I had no idea what it meant to be a mother, but it seemed to come rushing over me as I held him in my arms....




We grew together..... he grew stronger and healthier, I grew up and started to come into my mothering wings.... I never knew that I could love someone so intensely and completely..... he could make me laugh, smile and cry.... he was my little man.... we experienced firsts together, good and bad, but being his mother made sense to me....



When he was a baby he had a binky (burp rag) that was his favorite, white with little blue cars on it, I mean we could go no where without it... once we thought we lost it, so I found one that looked similar to it, but NO, he knew the difference, and I have never in my life looked harder for an object, we found it,thankfully, and now I have it with all my other precious memories, it is paper thing and ragged , but we will keep it forever.....




My baby, my first born, my little man, turned 10 today..... I still can't believe it... he has informed me that he is an official "TWEEN" and is already preparing me for what it is going to be like living with a teenager.... he can irritate me more than almost anyone else, but I still catch glimpses of that little man I grew up raising.....




here are just a few pics thru the years.....



(I wish that my scanner was up and running, because I would have some great baby pics, but alas when I want something to work in my house it always seems to break down)











HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR. J !!!! I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

15 comments:

Jen said...

Happy birthday!!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Wow, what a story about your accident and how you both pulled through. That's definitely on top of the list of things to be thankful for. Sweet pictures!!!!

Happy WW & Happy Thanksgiving!!

tiarastantrums said...

awesome post - cute brother - great son - happy birthday boy!!

Lorie said...

What a great kid! Happy Birthday to him!!

Susie said...

What a great tribute to your wonderful son! I hope he has a Happy Birthday and a Great Thanksgiving:-)

Joy said...

He is one cute boy. Happy Birthday to him.
I clicked over from BATW to see the winner.
Loved the story of his birth. I definitely think God wanted him here on this earth. What a story of survival.
God Bless,

Joy

Claremont First Ward said...

Happy Birthday to your handsome son! My preemies were born a few days ago, and it's always nice to remember how blessed I was to have them.......just as you are to have your son. How amazing that he made it with a torn placenta......and REALLY big for a 34 weeker!

Happy Thanksgiving!

S Club Mama said...

awww Happy birthday, J! What great pictures.

And thanks for stopping by my blog! LOVE it when you do! And, girl, you don't need to diet...eat all the chocolate cheesecake you want!

AndreaLeigh said...

Happy birthday! Love the stories and pics. You are blessed!

Unknown said...

Love this story Jennie. What a blessing your son is. I like how you said God meant for it to be...it really seems so. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving! (ps nice seeing pix of you on here too!)

Jennifer said...

What a wonderful tribute for your birthday boy! I found you under Arkansas on Blog around the World and thought I'd visit! I'm from AR as well and you are welcome to visit my blog as well!

Jennifer

Aubrey said...

Wow! 10 years old!
Happy Birthday to him!

Covered In Crafts said...

call me emotional, but that brought tears to my eyes. I'm so glad he pulled through. Thank you for sharing that. ((hugs))

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Wow that is an amazing story! This post was wonderful!!

Happy Birthday to your son!

What a blessing.

Anonymous said...

Is that a Hog hat?