One of my fave things at the holiday table is the traditional sweet potatoes...... you know , the ones with the glaze and the yummy marshmallows on top...YUM!!!
I love them, but I hate peeling and cutting and cursing, because the dang things are so hard to cut, but a wise old sweet potato farmer told me a secret for stress free sweet potatoes and I am going to share it with ya'll, because I love ya'll and that is just the kinda girl I am......
1st.... Take the sweet potatoes and wash them, you don't have to scrub, I promise, just a quick rinse....

2nd ...... cut off the ends of the potatoes....

3rd ...... stick as many of these suckers in your crockpot as you can manage.... don't add ANY liquid, just the sweet potatoes.... slap that lid on, turn it on high for about 4 hours and go do something else, like read my blog!!!! The crockpot will do its magic!!

4th and final.... take the potatoes out and let them cool..... when cool enough to handle, you can start taking off the skin.... it will be so easy you can cut thru it with a fork and peel away....

Lat but most definitely not least.... put the cooked sweet potatoes in a dish and set aside..... on the stove top, melt together a stick of butter and about a cup of brown sugar until good and bubbly.... pour over the sweet potatoes, cover with marshmallows, put in the oven for about 20 minutes on 350 degrees..... and enjoy.... these are a staple at our Thanksgiving table, along with the turkey and the cranberries that are still shaped like the can....
Now, wasn't that easier than cutting, pealing, boiling, cussing at those lovely sweet potatoes and it frees up time that you can be doing other things, like reading my blog!!!!
3 comments:
Wow, what a great tip! I was just about to start peeling my sweet potatoes for a pie! Thanks!
Oh yum! Now this is the way to prepare and eat these suckers!
I love sweet potatoes, too! Yumm! And so healthy! Great tip -- I've done this for years and it really does work great.
Post a Comment