Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Whatever works....


See this face, so happy and content, I love her so much it hurts my heart, God gave us a wonderful baby, hardly ever fusses, eats like a champ, and can sleep thru the hurricane that is her older brother and sister... Well yesterday nothing would make her happy, apparently what I ate the night before was upsetting her stomach, so I could not but her down at all and she only slept in TINY spurts...

Then Mr. J came in after school and reminded me that Boy Scout sign ups were at 6 pm at the school (did I remember that, NO!!!), and I realized that I needed to fix my hair and get some little things done around the house ,but would Baby O let me put her down, NO, so I had to come with something to make her happy and comfortable, right?

See that happy, content baby in the first picture ... lets zoom out shall we.... Is this baby happy because she is sitting in her Boppy Bouncer Seat?....NO!... Is she in her swing?.... NO!.... Is she on her new play mat?... NO!

YES, that is my laundry basket of folded towels and YES that is Baby O just having a good ol' time in the middle.... How this came about was simply I needed to carry the basket back to my room and I had to carry her too, so I thought "Why not combine the 2?"... and she was happy...the towels were warm form the dryer and I think that made her happy.... WHATEVER WORKS HONEY, WHATEVER WORKS!!!!

So, to all the people out there about to have babies, you don't need all those fancy things to put your baby in, just do the laundry!!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

i love that advice.

Leiann said...

That is something that I've come to realize. We don't "need" all of those cool gadgets. Kids can be entertained by the simplest things!

Pennies In My Pocket said...

The laundry basket TOTALLY works for me, too! It worked when toddler was an infant and it works now because she LOVES to put things in and out of it....entertains her for a super long time! lol

Great photos! She's a DOLL!

~melody~

Heather said...

Oh she is ADORABLE just hanging out with the laundry!!

Chanda said...

Cute pics. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Ann Harrison said...

Hi Jennie!
Thank you for visiting my blog.
I really enjoy your blog world. I'm learning so much!
And the pictures of your little girl in the hamper are just precious!