Thursday, September 4, 2008

Recipe Thursday..my favorite breakfast








This is my first official post as a SAHM!!!! I told ya'll I would start some new things, so here it is Recipe Thursday.


When I first started dating my husband he told me about a breakfast he makes called "Egg in Toast", and so one day he made it for me and I was hooked. I know this recipe is not new or nor has he patented it, but to me it will always be my husbands "Egg in Toast". I love that whenever I say that I am going to make it myself, he quickly says "No honey, let me make it", so you can't beat a man who wants to make it for you. When I wanted it yesterday it was officially for lunch, but who cares, breakfast is good any time.
When I got my camera out, he asked me if I was going to "blog" about this.... smart man.
This is what you need:

Bread

Eggs

Butter

and a plastic cup, or you could use a biscuit cutter or a regular glass

Next, you heat up your skillet, griddle or pan.

Now use the cup to cut out the center of the bread.

Put your bread and the cut out middle part on the griddle.

Now I did not get a pic of the next step, but you take some butter and put it all around on the griddle to start melting.

Now you crack an egg in the middle of the bread and let it start cooking. the butter is melting by now and it is "TOASTING" the bread.

Normally I am a "Sunny Side Up" kinda girl, but for this I like my eggs to be cooked, so my husband breaks the middle after it cooks a little.

Once it is starting to get good and cooked, flip that sucker over and let it cook on the other side.

When it is all done, this it what it should look like...

So good, it is making me hungry right now.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Yummy, looks good. Congrats on your SAHM status.

Thanks for stopping by on my blog!