Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Quick Craft....


The other night I got bit by the craft bug, but did not have alot of time, so I looked thru my list of "TO DO CRAFTS", yes, there is such a list, and remembered a craft I had seen about personalizing pens with scrapbook paper so they will look like this.....



First you will need some pens, I like Pentel RSVP pens, they are great for writing, have a perfectly clear middle and are big enough to benefit from this beauty-ficaton

some scrap booking paper, ruler and scissors

Next, measure your paper, I found that 3 1/2" long X 1" wide worked for me.....

OK, take your paper and roll it up, I know that is not really technical, but I found it easier to roll it up on its on and then slip it over the ink cartridge of the pen rather than trying to wrap the paper around the ink ....

Now take your rolled up paper and place over the ink.... I made my paper a little wider so I would not have to try to glue or tape the paper, with it being a little wider it stayed wrapped around the ink on its own....

Put it all together, and you are ready to go rule the world with your beauty-fied pens, because there is something thrilling for a nerd girl like me to whip out a cool pen to write my checks or to make my lists....

When you are putting the pen back together, if your paper twists too much, just cut a little off, I had to do this, and the paper stayed nice and neat....

Super easy, super fast, super cute..... the pens, silly readers, not me!!!!

17 comments:

Melissa Lester said...

What a cute idea! And I'm loving that toile scrapbook paper. So lovely!

Unknown said...

that rocks my face off:) very cute indeed. (and so is miss s).

S Club Mama said...

that is cute. I'll have to remember that when my son has to use the "cheap" pens for school, not fancy fancy ones.

Kim said...

So fun! I'll have to whip a few of these up. :) K

Valarie Lea said...

Oh my goodness this is awesome! I have never thought about that and it is the best idea ever!

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Neat idea! Cool gift idea!

Unknown said...

What a clever idea. I have never seen that before!

Missy Wertz said...

Oh I really like that and you are so right, they can really benefit from some beautification.

sandra/tx said...

OMG. Those are so easy yet so perfect. They'd make great additions to a teacher's gift or a stocking.

Chris said...

How did I miss commenting on this idea earlier?? Duh. I LOVE this idea. I've seen it around, but I couldn't take the time to figure it out. Thanks to you, I don't have to!!! Yippee! Thank you for joining the party!!

Joy said...

What a great way to give a personalized and inexpensive gift!

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

Love it! Those are just too cute!

Deb said...

Super cute and easy. Love them.

Kendra@My Insanity said...

What a great idea! Why didn't I think of this before??? I often like to give journals as gifts and try and find cute pens to go with them, but there aren't always many to be found and they are usually pretty expensive. This way I could make the pen to match the notebook, or whatever. Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

cute!!!! I love it!

Unknown said...

Love this idea! I can use all the scrap book paper that just sits on a shelf:)

Anonymous said...

too too cute! Love the idea.

Corinna
www.myscrapbooklife.com