Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Parting is such sweet sorrow.....


Dear Washer and Dryer,
I can remember the first time I saw you, seven years ago, so shiny and white, full of promise and potential. It was a really big deal for me at the time to take the leap with you, I mean I was going to be living with you everyday, day in and day out, but I had faith that we could make it work.
Others told me to "shop" around, not commit myself to soon, but I knew you were the ones for me. We have had are good times and bad times, we have been thru sickness and health, richer and poorer, but I just can't do it anymore. I want to tell you that its me and not you, but, sadly, it is you.
Washer, you leave me with soaking wet clothes after the rinse cycle, or come off level with every load, and I just can't take it. Dryer, you are not better, you make so much noise and I always burn my hands on the clothes that you get to hot in your haste to not do your job.
I am sorry that I have to end it like this, but I have already packed up your things, there is no point in your begging, I have found someone new and maybe this time it will be different. Thanks for all the memories.
Love,
Jennie
P.S.
this is a pic of my new beloved, they may not be fancy, or a front loader, but they treat me right and get the job done... no hard feelings.

Oh, and the kids enjoyed getting a new washer and dryer just as much, because now they have a fort... in the front yard... held together with tape....not white trash at all......

12 comments:

Ann Harrison said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.
I've visited the site that is having the give-away and I entered. (But if I win, I asked for it to go to you;-> )
Have fun with your washer & dryer!

Aubrey said...

LOL
I swear you wrote that letter for my beloved W&D. My washer has JUST started acting up. I have the wet clothes after the spin cycle. Ugh!!

Nice lookin' pair you got there! LOL

Kelsey said...

Love the washer and dryer good bye! We just got rid of our LONG time dryer about 4 months ago and although I hated the new one at first, I'm loving it now. As long as my clothes are getting dry..

At least your kids don't play in the brand new recycling bins..you know, not that I've let the kids I watch play in those or anything..

S Club Mama said...

thanks again for stopping by my blog yesterday. it's always so nice to see you shining profile picture on my comment page!

Mommyhood is Thankless said...

Thanks for stopping by! I really need a new washer and dryer. Maybe I can find a giveaway for a washer and dryer?!?! Stop by my blog everyday for the giveaways I find!

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

Thanks for poppin' by - I am in love with that pic of my little guy.

I love your letter...congrats on your new pair!!

Kim said...

I must say I was more committed to my first W&D -- 11 years! But the agony of those failing relationships. Hope you're loving your new ones. The kids look like they are having fun :)K

Claremont First Ward said...

Shame on them for failing you.....but HELLO new shiny white ones. Nothing like a new set. :)

I'm so glad you stopped by!

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

That was hilarious!! :) The fort rocks, reminds me of when I was young. My parents owned an appliance store so I was in HEAVEN. Fridge boxes as big as a house! (I thought!) That's so neat about your stepdaughter too, we were both blessed.

Pennies In My Pocket said...

ROTFL - this is hilarious! Oh and I just LOVE the hours and hours of fun that boxes offer children. I am seriously thinking of just wrapping a ton of boxes for our 17 month old for Christmas! Sounds harsh, but she'd SO rather play with boxes over anything! hahaha

~melody~

Anonymous said...

Haha...Congrats on the purchase! Sometimes it's fun to say goodby to things! My washer is getting a little noisy so I'm nervous--especially since they're just over a year old! yikes!

S Club Mama said...

So that IS a Soothie pacifier BUT Moose only chews on it. He never did get the hang of the pacifier...he's a thumb sucker! His poor thumb sometimes gets so chapped. But thank you SO MUCH for the offer; you are a sweetie pie! I knew my inklings about you were right on!