Monday, October 6, 2008

I have been Tagged....


I have always wanted to be tagged and never really thought I would, but you can guess my surprise when I opened up my blog yesterday after being gone all weekend, and seeing that I HAVE BEEN TAGGED by the wonderful Mrs. S over at S Club 3: Life as a Trio!!!!!


Here are the RULES......


1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.

2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.

3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.

4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.



So here we go....


1. I just started wearing Flip Flops about 7 years ago.... I used to hate feet, I did not like to be bear footed and I always wore socks... I hated seeing other peoples feet, I think it all changed when we moved to Arkansas and in the summer it is SOOOO humid that I just caved in, and now in the summer that is all I wear....I even bought a cool pair of REEF flip flops to go under my wedding dress for the reception.



2. I had Lasik eye surgery last July after wearing glasses/contacts for almost 20 years, and it is great to wake up and be able to see the clock without having to search for my glasses on the night stand. I have noted before that my first pair of glasses were big and red, so very 80's.



3. I secretly wish to go on Oprah or What Not to Wear and have a total makeover.... right now I am having MAJAH issues with my skin, hair, body, wardrobe, and I would love to have someone come in and just show me how to look my best with what I got.



4. I still have a great friendship with my very first Official Boyfriend, Joe... we met when I was 13 years old and have known each other ever since... it was one of those where we were such good friends, even when we were not dating each other, we still hung out and if my boyfriend or his girlfriend did not get along with us, then they were history.... he even drove 6 hours to come to my wedding.



5. Cereal is a major food group in our house, just like Jerry on Seinfeld.... if I allowed it, we would probably eat it for ever meal..... my kids enjoy it, because it is something that they can "make" on their own .... some of our faves are Fruity Pebbles, Shredded Wheat, Rice Krispies, Just Bunches, and Lucky Charms... thank goodness that they are coming out with semi healthy versions of all these.



6. I love to read blogs, I have my favorites, and if I don't watch myself I could spend an entire day at the computer without even realizing it.



7. I love my family more than anything, but there are days when I feel overwhelmed, almost like every other MOM knows what she is doing but me, like there is this cool mommy clique that knows all the secrets of being a great mom and I am not invited to join..... but then my babies smile at me or randomly tell me that they love me for no other reason than to just tell me, so I must be doing something OK.



This is who I have tagged.....




2. Jen













I think I am way to excited about this!!!!

10 comments:

Aubrey said...

Yay for tagging me! I love stuff like this!

I am sitting here laughing because I had me some lovely, BIG, red framed glasses in the late 80s. LOL

Melissa Lester said...

It was great to read these things about you! It's so interesting to see what you will learn about someone this way. I had Lasik at the end of last year, and I love seeing the clock too! It really made a difference for me the first time we went to the beach after the surgery. I didn't want to wear glasses on the beach, but didn't want my contacts to get irritated either, so I usually just went out in sunglasses. So it was a delight to discover this summer that the beach is not blurry, after all!

I will have to see if I can think of some interesting things to list about myself. Thanks for thinking of me!

Angie said...

Hi Jennie...

I, too, am laughing thinking about you red 'sally jesse raphael' glasses...lol! I love tags cause is so much fun to learn stuff about people! And, YAY for Fruity Pebbles....YUM!

~Angie

Jen said...

Thanks for the tag, I've posted my random things.

Heather said...

How fun!! Thank you for tagging me!!

Unknown said...

omg! i have no idea what to say...thanks for the tag. it's my first time;)

Anonymous said...

Oh I've always wanted to go on Oprah or what not to wear! Just to see what they would do. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't approve of my sweatpants and t-shirt wardrobe!

Ronnica said...

I'm a flip-flop wearing, blog lover too! I do spend my day in front of the computer, but at least I'm getting paid for it.

S Club Mama said...

Ok this is GREAT! One of my favorite tags!

I LOVE flip flops, I hate wearing tennis shoes...they make my feet hot.

I would love to get a makeover on Oprah (or...Rachel Ray more like it for me. I don't watch the O). I need my hair changed BIG TIME!

Your kids will fit right in when they get to college. Cereal was my major food group for 2 years (before I got married & lived off-campus).

And I hear ya on the mom-clique. I feel like that so much. And a lot of mine has to do with only being 22. Most 22 year olds are partying not changing diapers. It's hard but I bet you're a superb mommy!

Aunt Julie said...

What fun facts! Hey, thanks so much for coming by yesterday and participating in my SITS Featured Blogger Day in the Sun! Hope you come back soon and take a look around-hope you'll find lots of interesting stuff around my place!