Monday, October 27, 2008

How many pumpkins can fit in a Suburban?....

On Halloween our church is hosting its annual Fall Fest and this year I am pretty much co-chair to all the things it requires to get it going.... we are going to have hay rides, make your own caramel apples, games, a maze, a cake walk, face painting, and a "Pumpkin Patch" where you child can go and pick out their own little pumpkin and then decorate it with paint or stickers....



My husband had to go talk to some clients on Saturday morning and when he was driving there he saw some pumpkins for sale on the side of the town square, so he called me up and told me to head on down there to get all the little ones they had....


and I did.....


this is almost 70 pumpkins, a full size stroller, an extra booster seat, a couple bags of clothes for the goodwill, and a bunch of other stuff that just seems to grow in my car.....



I also picked up a few for us and Saturday night the kids and Mr. D decided to carve them... we let they kids stipulate what the faces would look like, and then Mr. D carved them out.... when it came time to empty the seeds and all, we headed outside .....






Miss. S said hers looked like it was throwing up.... nice....

Then things went a little kooky... we had a HUGE bowl of all the seeds and slime, and we decided to have a pumpkin goo fight, we had it in our hair, on our clothes, on our faces in in other unmentionable places... we all had to go in and take a showers.... it was fun though, and my husband reminded me that this is a memory that my kids will always have, not only carving the pumpkins, put running and screaming and having fun ... I agree.....

P.S. I have so much on my plate this week, I don't know how I am going to get to read all my fave blogs and write on my own, I shouldn' t be on the computer right now, I have a TON of stuff to do, like stuff 160 treat bags, paint a huge pumpkin cut out, make a fall fest sign , and oh yeah, take care of my house and kids..... so if I don;t comment alot this week, know I still love ya and hope to talk to ya'll soon..... big hugs!!!!

13 comments:

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Wow! That's a lot of pumpkins!!!

tiarastantrums said...

holy pumpkins - did you go to BHG for the stencil?? We used those same eyes!!

Anonymous said...

That is a ton of pumpkins! Much better than the ones I got at the pumpkin patch! Great jack-o-lantern too!

Jennie said...

Yes we did use the BHG website, it helped us, because when you have a 7 year old who can't decide what she wants, you need some guidance....

Leiann said...

That's a lot of pumpkins and sounds like you guys had fun. I don't know if I could be that spontaneous. I don't like being messy! But I'm sure I'll have to get over that. And we definitely need to get together soon. I still have yet to see little O in person!

Jen said...

What great memories! I'm jealous of your car full of pumpkins too.

Well done on the weight loss, I am not even going to weigh in this week. I really have to get back on track but am struggling. UGH!!

AndreaLeigh said...

Hi, I'm visiting from SITS. What a lovely memory for your children! I agree that even though it is messy they will remember it forever. Have a great week - try not to stress over your to-dos too much@

S Club Mama said...

Thanks for stopping by. I really missed my commenting friends while I was away.

And Moose ALWAYS has that thumb in his mouth. It used to be just when he was tired, not it's always there.

Pennies In My Pocket said...

THere are going to be a lot of great memories made! :-) Sounds like so much fun...I hope you don't get too overwhelmed. Hang in there! :)

~melody~

Christian said...

If you can fit all that stuff in your car, you can do anything...good luck this week!

Celine said...

Oh wow, loads of pumpkins!
I love pumpkin carving, it's always so much fun!

Angie said...

How fun! Your little girl is adorable! When ya get a chance, stop over...I have something BOOtiful for ya!

Love, Angie

Aubrey said...

Your husband is right. What a great memory for them! And you!!

I think you should have left the "vomit" by the pumpkin. That's pretty scary! LOL