Friday, May 23, 2008

What we did last Saturday...



You know what I love about my husband...I love the fact that when he sets his mind to doing something, there is no dilly dallying, he just goes for it and gets it done. So last Saturday he said that he wanted to work on the yard, so we all loaded up and headed to LOWES and about 3 hours later he had accomplished what he set out to do...Suzy (our dog) and I supervised ....




this is our front porch, not very wide, and right now until we get Suzy a nice dog house she resides on the front porch (ignore all the mess) ... he started tearing the railings down before I could get out there and take "BEFORE" pics, so this is the "IN PROGRESS" pics... see the dirt patch he is standing on?...well it was not high enough for anything to live in, whenever it rained it would just flood, so he edged it with this curved bricks we got at LOWES, filled it up with dirt and weed blocker, then we planted 3 shrubs ( he wanted 2, but I won out) and then put down a layer of mulch....





Next he focused on this tree in the front yard that was needing some love, so we basically did the same thing, brick around it, fill it in with dirt and layer with mulch...sorry no before pics..

my mom was working on potting some plants, she loves to garden and loves bird houses....




My plans for this weekend are to finish painting our wicker love seat black and put it on the front porch, my mom is making a great covered seat out of this awesome black floral material, then I am on a scouting trip to find a nice wicker side table to paint black to go with it...Suzy will move into her new dog house on the back porch....





No comments: