Friday, May 16, 2008

The rose bush that would not die ....




I bought a rose bush from Wal-Mart about 3 years ago...it was just a little thing in a tiny pot...well I have NO gardening experience...well I thought I would give it a try...well I planted it at my old house and it just took off..even after I forgot to water it, like EVER...it just kept going...well in Feb. we moved down to our new house and my husband and mom dug it up and transported it in a Rubbermaid box...well we just kept being busy and forgot to plant it...then it rained and I mean rained hard and the poor Rubbermaid box overflowed with water and we were all so sure that the rose bush was a goner...so my husband dumped out the box and put the entire bush on the ground in front of our house with the intentions of getting rid of it...well so many weeks later, look at what it has done...it is not even planted in the ground...it is amazing....

these are the roots...just hanging out on top of the ground....

Seeing this and wondering how it is possible that something that should by all accounts be dead, is alive and thriving...just got me thinking about how we can all learn to adapt to situations, even ones that from all practical senses we should not be able to survive, God has a plan fro each and everyone of us, sometimes we do not understand or even see how this could be God's will for us, but He knows...we just have to have faith that He will take care of us, even when we don't know how we are going to survive...just like this little rose bush, I did not take care of it..but He did...and by the way , we have taken care of this rose bush and it has a permanat home right where it should be for everyone to see....

Have a great day ....

No comments: