
Can you believe it? I am actually going to do something crafty and ambitious this weekend...My step daughter, Miss M, is home form school and her and her Dad are going to go out for a Father Daughter Day on Saturday, and that gives me a day that it is actually not raining down here to do something.
I have always loved the idea of taking something and has a great shape and painting it to make it new...especially if that painting is with SPRAY PAINT!!! I am a spray paint girl, I love painting something and giving it new life, but I have NO patience...I need to paint it, give it an hour and then be able to use it. In my house alone I have turned an old 70's bedroom suite into a Navy blue bedroom suite for my son (modeled after one I saw in Pottery Barn Kids), I paint baskets, door knobs, drawer pulls, lighting fixtures, ceiling fans ( and I mean everything on the ceiling fan, pulls, blades, body), and this weekend I am going to tackle three projects I have had no time to do.
Right now I am going thru a phase where I like furniture that is black and distressed... I have already done this to my desk that is in my kitchen that we use as a computer desk and basic catch all for all papers, pens, and general crap... Yesterday I went to Hobby Lobby and bought 2 36" black wood shelves with molding that are going to go above the desk and that just jumped started me to want to get the chair we use at the desk painted to coordinate... then we have a side table in living room and I am going to paint it black and distress it also... then there is a wicker bench on the porch that is my moms and it is painted a sea foam green and guess what?... we are going to paint it black and she already has a great seat pad that is black with old fashioned flowers on it, so it is going to look great... I am going to take my first "Before & After" pictures and post them up here next week... I am very excited
My husband went to storage and got my crafting stuff for me that I use to make the embellished onesies and burp clothes... I plan on making some in the next few weeks... I am also going to attempted to make a covered wipe case, if you have not seen them they are too cute... I just have to get my self started, but once I am on a roll with the whole crafting thing, you just won't be able to stop me!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment