
I remember it well...it was 1988...I was 11 years old and I could go thru an entire bottle of Paul Mitchell Freeze Spray in less than 2 weeks ( I had to make sure my bangs were gravity defying)...I tight rolled my acid washed jeans that I wore with my Guess t-shirts and white keds...I wore giant red Sally Jesse Raphael glasses because they had yet to invent cool glasses for kids...I was sitting in my room listening to the radio while doing my homework that I kept in my awesome plastic Trapper Keeper... and I heard the sounds that would infatuate me for at least the next few years... 

OH MY GOSH... these boys were my crack... I loved them... I went to 2 concerts (thanks Mom) and I just knew at both concerts Joey McIntyre was going to see me from the stage (and probably his reflection in my huge glasses) and fall instantly in love with me...he would pull me up onstage with him and he would sing "Please Don't GO Girl" to me and all the other girls in the world would hate me and we would be on the cover of Tiger Beat and Seventeen would run our wedding pictures...granted I had no IDEA what it meant to be married or even what the entailed...but he was mine...well sadly he never saw me or my awesome bangs, and then suddenly they were gone...life went on... and NOW here they are ....

1 comment:
I still love music from the 80's. Not all of it, some of it was pretty lame. I am a bit too old for New Kids, but I definitely remember the Paul Mitchell. Everytime I smell it, it takes me back!
The good old days!
Melissa
Post a Comment