
OK, there are days when I feel bad about how much I get done in this house, or in my sad, self pity moments, how little I get done.... I have told ya'll how much I dislike cleaning, I enjoy tidy and clean, just not the process that gets me there.......
So, Saturday afternoon I start to get a belly ache... I had had leftovers from Friday of our famous enchiladas... YUM!!!... well the enchiladas turned on me and ran straight for the border and I got sick as a dog... WARNING... VERY GRAPHIC..... at one point I was sitting on the royal throne AND throwing up in a basket... it was horrible...... thankfully no one else who ate the enchiladas got sick..... I lay down to rest, and when I wake up, guess what?... the baby is running about 103 degree fever and wants nothing but mommy.....
Mr. D and my mom had been taking care of her and Mr. J and Miss. S, and all had been going well, Baby O was happy and playing, then suddenly she was feverish and not a happy camper.... and all you mommys out there know that kids don't get that when mommy is sick she does not want to be wollered on and nursed on, but Baby O needed me, so that is what I did.... Mr. D was a champ, taking care of the other kiddos and when Baby O finally fell asleep on the boob, he would take her so I could rest....
Well, her fever never really went away... we wake up Sunday morning hoping my belly bug had passed and she was feeling better, but neither one of us were.... I still felt like a truck had run over me and she was pulling on her ear (ear infection from last week) and still had that dang high fever... at one point last night she was 104.3 and we got her in a cool bath... that helped... I would not have taken a shower yesterday, except Baby O threw up ALL over me and her, so sufficed to say, we bathed.....
But my whole point of this blog was to actually pat me on the back, because I was only sick part of Saturday, all Sunday and still feeling under the weather today, BUT it just shows me HOW MUCH I ACTUALLY DO AROUND THIS JOINT...... when you view these photos, remember this, on Friday I had almost ALL the laundry done in this house, the dishwasher was emptied and reloaded, and the kids rooms were picked up and beds made....
if this is too hard to look at, now it the time to turn away.....
Hall bath hamper....
Hamper in my bedroom...

Kids bedroom....


Kitchen ..... in Mr. D's defense, the dishwasher is clean, just not emptied and reloaded....


If this is what happens to my house after less than 48 of being sick, heaven help us if I ever go away..... this just shows me how much I really do do around here.... just remember that next time you are hard on yourself for not doing "enough".....
6 comments:
oh no - not fun there!
At least you know you're needed. It's crazy how quickly things pile up.
LOL
Yes. We do a lot! I shudder to think what my house would look like if I was down for the count.
Hope you both are feeling better!!
God Bless You!!!
Yeah, mom's can never get sick didn't you get that memo?!
Hope you and Baby O are feeling better!
Hi there! Saw your blog from Aubreys!
I know exactly what you mean! Absolutely nothing gets done if I am sick. Sometimes it's worst to be sick! :)
oh boy...I bet you are still recovering, not from the sickness, but from the wreckage!
When you replied to my comment about Sephora, you did it under my giveaway for the FairTax book. Just wondering if you want a book, or if it was just where the comment ended up. email me at mcstord at msn dot com.
Post a Comment