
I have loved to do embroidery all my life... my grandmother, who was a professional seamstress, used to teach me using those old yellow and blue Martha White iron on patterns... I actually still have them and use them on occasion, because as you know, retro is in.....
I really want an embroidery machine... my hubby does not, because he knows that would only lead to an embroidery uprising... everything would get the embroidery treatment, bags, shirts, hats, underwear, kids...... so since I have to do it by hand, lets just say many projects get started, but few get finished... I am a W.I.P addict... for those of you not "IN THE KNOW" , that stands for WORK (S) IN PROGRESS .... I need to go to a W.I.P. meeting.... W.I.P. it good.....
Well, my mom had bought Baby O several of these Carter long sleeve white onesies... I glamorized a few with my appliques, but I had some that just deserved a little more love and attention... I don't know about you, but I like baby stuff that doesn't look "BABY", you know what I mean ? My baby bag is a regular tote bag .... it is a pink and brown damask print and makes me feel a little more elegant than just a plain jane diaper bag... I really wanted a Coach one, but my hubby told me I was smoking some good stuff if I thought he was going to pay $400 for something to cart around diapers and burp clothes.... whatever....
To start off, I took a plain white onesie and decided to use an iron on embroidery pattern I had purchased from Sublime Stitching .... if you have never been over there or seen Jenny Hart's work, head over there fast... she is super cool and wicked with an embroidry hoop.... her motto is "This ain't your gramma's embroidery" and boy is she telling the truth... she has everything from pirates, sushi, Mexican wrestlers (which I bought in my homage to "Nacho Libre") and everything else you can not even begin to imagine being embroidered on your grandma's kitchen towels.....
So, I took her onesie and ironed on the pattern I got from her Kurt Halsey collection......
Plain shirt.....

this is the front.....

and this is the back, it says "forever + ever".......

and this is the finished product....




I was trying to get a good pic of Baby O wearing it, but she kept chasing me around her port-a-crib .... and apparently my lens was greasy too......I told you I don't like to clean....
I really want to make her one with the Mexican Wrestlers, but my hubby does not like that idea, so maybe I will make some Nacho Libre-esque tea towels... maybe that would make a good giveaway prize... huuuummmmm.......
3 comments:
LOL - Mexican wrestler onesie. I don't know any other needle craft but I can embroider. Oh no, just another thing I will run over to Michael's, stock up, get it 1/4 way done, and stash it in a bag in my office because some other project caught my attention. I join you in the ranks of WIP addict.
That's so cool! What's wrong with an embroidery uprising?!
Nacho Libre! LOL I would SO embroider a onesie for your little one! It would be ADORABLE!
I love it!
Post a Comment