Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Anniversary to Us....




3 years ago today,I got married to the best guy there is, my Mr. D .... we had a shoestring budget ... paid for everything ourselves and with the help of our friends had a great wedding.... I wanted to share some photos with ya'll and I hope you enjoy them and see how happy we were (and still are).....





the church was decorated and ready to go.... I got those pink buckets in the dollar section upfront at Target.... the flowers are from good ol' Hobby Lobby and they were in our bouquets too... this was my first attempt to make bouquets and boutonnieres, and by the end of making ALL OF THEM I was ready to never see another one again.... the squirrel pin in my bouquet was one that my grandfather had given to me, he was the one person I wished could have been there.....




here is Mr. D and Mr. J shaking on the deal they had just made.....

"OK, you can take my mom, only if you get me a truck when I turn 16".....


"Deal... lets go get me a bride"......






I had just walked down the aisle and informed my hubby to be that I was in fact going commando.... you see, the underwear that I had brought to the church to wear could be seen under the dress and the ones that I had worn to the church could be seen too, so I had to go commando.... I just thought he would want to know....

saying our vows... we both teared up... it was a very precious moment in our lives.....

Lighting our unity candle... it was a Family Unity Candle, joining us all together....




a kiss to seal the deal....






they played "You Can't Hurry Love" by Phil Collins as we walked down (or is it up ?) the aisle...... I just love that song, it makes me smile...







this is our wonderful wedding party.... as you can tell that is Miss. S in all her "give me some attitude" mode in the front....





I won't tell you what we were doing behind that tree.. he he he.....




here is our cake ... nothing fancy... chocolate cake with buttercream frosting.... the swirls and dots were the palest pink and our initials topped it off....

Mr.D being a cool guy deserved a cool cake... so I had one made up to represent what we all know about him, he is a great carpenter... all the tools and the wood were chocolate.... even the little bitty nails scattered on the top.... alas, it was so good we did not even get one bite... by the time we got back from taking our pictures all the cake was gone and we got to share one piece of our wedding cake besides the one bite we feed to each other.....

I truly appreciate this marriage, more than I ever thought, because once you have a bad marriage and know all the things you don't want, it is so easy to appreciate all the things you do want.... Here's to you and me Mr. D ......

10 comments:

My Chocolate Heart said...

Happy Anniversary! Your photos are terrific... it looked like a very lovely wedding! Just beautiful...
It's funny because my husband and I have a wedding picture where we're behind a tree, too! I had a white parasol and I was supposed to pretend to be coy while he peeked around the tree to catch my eye... or something like that. It turned out cute, just as yours did.
I hope you had a great day celebrating. Bless you guys!

Chris said...

What a fun tour of your wedding day! It looks like it turned out just gorgeous!!! Of course, it helps that you are such a great looking couple! Congratulations!

Stephanie said...

Happy anniversary!

Jen said...

Congratulations and happy anniversary! You looked amazing. Can't believe you went commando LOL!! Oh and I totally loved the little buckets of flowers hanging on the pews.

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!

Loved all the weeding photos! You two are a beautiful couple!

The grooms cake was awesome!!

Unknown said...

happy anniversary! love those pictures...

S Club Mama said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Those are SUCH beautiful pictures! And you may think your cake was nothing fancy but it could be in a magazine, girl. The whole decor was MUCH cooler than my wedding! Loved it

S Club Mama said...

And can you be any prettier?

Aubrey said...

Happy Belated Anniversary!!!!

You two are one good looking couple! And SO happy. Love it! Love it! Love it!

kimert said...

Visiting from SITS!
Happy Anniversary! Your wedding pics are beautiful. Gorgeous bride! Those cakes look amazing, too. :)