Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Recipe Wednesday.....

I am trying to be proactive in my life... make better choices... gain a "stop whining and do something about it" attitude.... I am trying to do better in my life as a whole and everything that goes along with that.... including my blog...

I am going to try to not let a day go by (excluding weekends) with out posting... I also have high aspirations to make certain days of the week significant (at least to me), like having Wednesday be RECIPE DAY!!!!! I have even been looking into getting my own Mr. Linky thing so you guys can all join in... I just think that would be too cool for school if on Wednesday's you guys thought "Wow, I am so super excited to see what recipes are being shared!!" (you have to say that with a valley girl accent to fully appreciate how it was written)....
As you all know I have joined Weight Watchers and have had to come to grasps with some of my demons.... you know you have a problem when you feel shame in writing down what you are eating and you really don't want anyone else to see that list for sure.... My hubby has NO idea how much I weigh, he only knows that I have a goal of 50 pounds to lose.....

My weakness is sweets and carbs.... don't get me wrong, I like veggies and fruits, but I think I really could exist, at least for a short while, on bread and butter, potatoes and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.... but I know that I need to get healthy and eat better... so I have found some good recipes that help me stay on track with WW and still feel like I am not totally deprived...

Some one told me this recipe, so I really don't know who or where to give the credit to, so don't think I am a big fat stealer of recipes.....



CAKE BITES


ingredients:






Any flavor cake mix, I like chocolate and strawberry

One regular sized can of pumpkin puree

Small handful of mini chocolate chips (optional)



Preheat your oven to what ever the cake mix calls for, usually 350 to 375.
Mix your pumpkin and your cake mix together... I have found that using the electric mixer makes it turn out better, but you could still hand mix it.... if you want, mix in your handful of mini chocolate chips... I was told that if you just put in about a handful of them, they don't really raise the point value, but they make them so good, especially hot out of the oven....



Now drop by the teaspoonful onto a cookie sheet or in muffin tins, just so you know these do not spread out while cooking, so what they look like going into the oven, is exactly what they will look like coming out.....





mine yielded about 32-36 Cake Bites.... Now bake in the oven for about 10 to 12 minutes, take 'em out of the oven and you have got yourself a sweet little treat that is high in fiber and Vitamin A, low in fat and cholesterol and calories.... about 1 1/2 points a piece.....

These were actually a hit in my house, so much so that I don't have a picture to show you of the ones out of the oven, because they were gone before I could take the pic..... I hope you enjoy them as much as me and if you have any great WW recipes, please feel free to share, I am getting hungry over here.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

great idea jennie! i can't wait to see if you get the mr. linky down. it would be fun to participate....

My Chocolate Heart said...

I've got to try this... I never in a million years would have thought to do this with a cake mix. Sounds yummy and way too easy.