Wednesday, April 15, 2009

There is no charge for my awesome-ness....

I really should not be rewarded for my bad blogger behavior as of late, but Sarah over at I Blame My Mother is giving me an award, and ya'll know how much I love getting presents, so this just made my day....





here she is... isn't she pretty... kinda Rosie the Riveter.....

The rules of this award are simple:
1. Write 10 honest (and hopefully interesting) things about yourself.
2. Pass this award onto 7 bloggers who you find brilliant in content and design.

1) I like to write with a freshly sharpened pencil rather than with a pen.... and don't try to sneak in a mechanical pencil, because those are not the same... there is just something about a shockingly pointy #2 lead pencil that makes writing my lists so much more fun....

2) I would love to learn a foreign language (or 2) ... maybe Italian, French and Spanish.... my friend gave me the Rosetta stone learning cd's for these, but I have yet to start them.... I am kinda ADD like that....

3) I HATE to clean... I mean despise it... I like my house to be tidy and neat, but I hate to actually clean the toilets, mop, dust...blah, blah, blah, blah..... I wish I had the gene in my DNA that made me want to make everything so pristine that you could eat off of it, but that one passed me by....

4) I LOVE TO DANCE AND SING..... in the house, in the shower, in church or in my car..... there is no place safe from my need to shake my groove thang and make a fool of myself.... If we are bored, I will make up songs.... some of these songs have stuck with us and my kids still sing them.... you would think I would weigh about 90 pounds for all the moving I do ,but nope, just more junk in my trunk to shake....

5) When I grew up in Kansas City (YEA!), I remember thinking that I would grow up and live in a cool loft apartment down in the art district, ride a vintage bike to work and maybe never have kids.... now I live in a tiny town, drive a suburban and have 4 kids....and I would not change a thing....

6) I am very right dominate ... maybe I have a closet case of OCD, because I always put my right sock on first, my right arm goes in the shirt first, my right earring goes in first, I always go to the right side of the grocery store first, always put my right shoe on first.... and if I get a sinus infection, I always get it in my right sinus cavities and ear aches in my right ear....

7) I can not stand for the lights to be left on in room when no one is in there.... I get on to everyone in my house about this, electricity is not free people, turn off those dang lights.... my son will leave his closet light on all day if I did not go in to his room to turn it off... oh and I hate when people shut the bathroom door when no one is in there.... I have waited to go to the bathroom before, because I seriously thought someone was in there, because the door was shut AND the lights was on....made me so mad....

8) I love IDEAS... love to get ideas off of the web, out of magazines, create my own... and then I go out and gather all the stuff I need to make all the ideas come to life and then it usually gets set aside, because I start too many projects at once and never get any of them done... I am really bad about that... its my secret shame....

9) I am behind the times.... I just now jumped on the Facebook wagon... I have never Skyped or Twittered ... There is too many things, I can't wrap my brain around it all..... My Space, Facebook, Skype, YouTube, Twitter, texting.... too much.....

10) I LOVE to eat... this is the sole reason I hate to diet.... but I am finding my way with Weight Watchers... I am doing well and can figure out ways to trick myself with thinking I am getting alot of food.... I am a volume kind of girl... I would much rather have a bunch of little stuff for the same calories as 1 big thing.... I am a foodie and I am not ashamed....

This is always to hard for me to choose who I am giving awards to, because I love all my girls out there, so forgive me if I double dip into my giving basket....

Elizabeth over at Covered in Crafts .... she is a cake decorating crafting phenom....

Chris at Just a Girl .... she has such great ideas, I want her to come and decorate my house...

Betty over at Keeper of the Skies Wife ... beautiful person inside and out....

Jennifer at My Chocolate Heart ... I love it when someone is not afraid to show her faith and her love of chocolate.....

Meghan at Sweet Pea and Beans ... great girl, cute kids and she makes the most adorable stationary....

Aubrey over at The Fam Five ... Hilarious chic, and she shares my love of Coach purses....

Christian at Who Would've Thought? ... she always has great ideas for crafts and things to do with your kids.....

Again, Thanks a bunch Sarah for giving me this award and this opportunity to shine some light on some other great bloggers......

3 comments:

Chris said...

Awww..thank you, Jennie! You have always been so nice and left such genuine comments for me.! Thank you for being so kind!!

My Chocolate Heart said...

(Sniffle, sniff) Okay, I can really appreciate an award for being "honest", but for a second when I saw it I misread it and got a great laugh! HA!
Thank you for including me... hmmmm, now I have to think of some honest things about myself I can reveal...
This made my day as well. THANK YOU! I hope you're having a very joyful Easter season. God bless you!
Jennie

tiarastantrums said...

these are cool - I'm so behind times too!