
OK, first I want to give the biggest THANKS to everyone who sent me warm fuzzies and added me to their prayer list, you will never honestly know how much that meant to me...
Second, I want to let you in on what went down last week.... as I may or may not have told you before my hubby, Mr. D, is in construction... he builds houses from the ground up, does remodels, home improvements, roofs, tile, almost anything you can name he can build or fix....
His tools are essential to his job and for making his living, and sometime last Monday night some low down, no good douche bags broke into the house he is building and stole ALL his tools in the house and then proceeded to use bolt cutters and cut the locks off of our enclosed trailer and empty that out too.... I mean they took EVERYTHING except his table saw, which was too heavy to carry out apparently, some screw drivers and his ladders.....
You know as well as I do that these were not stolen by some down on his luck contractor who needed tools to help build Habitat for Humanity houses, these were stolen by drug head douche bags who are going to pawn them for money ..... it just makes me so friggin mad ... these tools are what he uses to earn his living to pay our mortgage, bills, to eat .....
The home owners insurance won't cover them and since the trailer was not attached to the truck, they are not covered by our policy either, so tools that he has accumulated for over 15 years, over $10,000 worth of stuff, it is just gone and we really don't have the money to start replacing them right now.... these were tools for every kind of jobs you can imagine, roofing, laying tile, trim jobs, framing, laying hardwood floors, laying carpet, and all the tools used in general everyday building....
Please don't think I am writing this with a Debbie Downer attitude, or asking for a pity party, I am just upset, I cried alot last week and prayed alot too... I know that God will provide a way for us to keep on going, but I did break down at one point last week and cried at my husband "WHO IS GOING TO WANT TO HIRE A CARPENTER WITH NO TOOLS!!!!" ....
On the upside, we have had so many friends offer to lend him tools, and their generosity is overwhelming, because honestly we will have to for a while until we can scrap together enough money to start replacing them....
There was a bright spot to my week last week, when I got a wonderful package in the mail from my dear bloggy friend Meghan over at Sweet Pea and Beans ......
they came beautifully wrapped.....


everyone needs to go check out her ETSY store, she has more stuff over there ... please support her if you can, this chick rocks my face off and she had the cutest little boys you can ever imagine.....
Again, thanks for all the prayers and we are keeping our chins up and hoping for the best....
11 comments:
i wish you lived closer and i would loan/give your husband all of my dad's tools. they are in desperate need of attention...it's good that you have faith it will all work out, because it will! but in the meantime we'll keep you in our prayers!
So sorry to hear about that! I'll keep praying for you!
Jennie~
I am so sorry that happened. Trust in God and He will provide!
Oh no! I'm sorry. I know how expensive tools are (my dad and brother are in construction). I hate that your insurance wouldn't cover it.
And don't worry about being a downer. We all go through stuff and it's your blog. I say write whatever you need to.
My husband is a carpenter too, I cannot even BEGIN to imagine how you guys feel. I've had a cd player stolen from my car before, and I was crushed!
I hope you can recover some of the stolen items with the help of the police.
Jennifer
www.jennspiration.blogspot.com
Oh I am so sorry! That is awful! People are truly so evil! I will be thinking/praying for you and your hubby that something can be done!
I am so so sorry to hear what you've been going through! You will be in my prayers. Try to keep the faith - believe in Providence!
Oh, my dear, I am so sorry to hear that! It is unbelievable that your policy will not cover that loss...I'd be screaming at my insurance agent. God bless you, and I recommend some prayers to St. Jude and St. Rita right now. Both are great with "hopeless" situations.
Hold on, and try not to become discouraged. God has not left you alone. Keep us posted.
OK. I was more than sure I commented on this post. Ack. Sometimes I just hate blogger!
Anywhoo...
I'm so sorry to hear what happened to your hubby and his tools. I'll be praying that everything starts looking up and maybe, just maybe the tools will be found! I wish insurance could have covered the loss!
this is so terrible - some people just make me ashamed to be human!!!!
OMG I don't know I I missed this post. that's aweful!! You may not be having a pity party but i"m having one in your honor. I'm so sorry tht happened ot you hubby. :(
Post a Comment