Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Mr. J's Birthday Cake.....

I have had this post since his birthday back in November, but I just never seemed to get to it, so here it is in all its glory.... bum bum bum.....Mr. J's Chocolate Cheesecake Birthday Cake....


When J turned 9 he wanted brownies, so this year for the big 1-0 he decided he wanted a chocolate cheesecake... only problamo was that I had never made a cheesecake before, but we all sacrifice for our children....

SOOO I turned to the dear old internet in search of a recipe.... the first few I found were way too hard, I know my own limits, then I stumbled upon this beauty from Toll House at http://www.verybestbaking.com/ ...... the Toll House Chocolate Cheesecake with Cookie Dough Crust.....







Here is the wonderful chocolate cookie dough crust baked to perfection.....



Not too shabby for a first timer....
the decoration left a little to be desired.... but it was GOOD and J loved it, so that is all that mattered.....

3 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my gosh, that looks wonderful. Thanks for the recipe link.

Tiffany said...

That looks wonderful!

Covered In Crafts said...

I'm drooling. OMG YUM!