
Ok, quick run down, I was gone last week for a business trip and my husband decided to suprise me, with what, I did not know, but when I got home on Saturday, I walked into our bedroom and found my surprise in my bathroom. You see, when we bought this house, in the master bedroom there was what you could call a room with a toilet. That's all it was, no flooring, no sink, no shower, just 4 walls and a toilet. Well, I knew that I (and when I say I, I really mean my husband) could make it a nice little bathroom.
First, we moved the toilet to allow to create the most useable floor space. Second, we added a corner shower, it originally was meant to have those glass shower doors, but they cost over $500 for this particular shower size and shape and I can never keep those clean, you know what I mean. I had a shower w/ glass sliding doors and could never get the gunk out of the creavices. SO, I found a Neo-Angled shower rod online for less than $75, and VOILA, new shower. Third, came the sink and cabinet which created the only storage, at that point for us in the bathroom.
I had asked my husband to build me some shelves under the sink and he said he would and life just gets busy and we never made it to the shelves. Well, he has more than made up for that.
WARNING: DO NOT LOOK AT THE MESS. REPEAT, DO NOT LOOK AT THE MESS.
This is looking into our bathroom from the bedroom. On the wall to the right is a giant built in with bead board backing ( I LOVE me some bead board). It has 5 shelves on each side and 4 longer shelves in the middle. My husband even said that when we go away for our anniversary in a few weekends we can find some baskets that will fit, because where we live we have a Walmart, Kmart and a Hobby Lobby that never seem to have anything, so this idea makes me very happy.
Also, the shelf unit above the toilet is new, because we never had anywhere for our mismatched towels (that is the price you pay when you remarry and have yours, mine and our towels). It is nice, because there is room for our towels and then a nice basket with all the bathroom cleaning stuff and extra toilet paper. AND my husband said we needed to go and get some matching towels to make it look nicer, and I thought I must have the most awesome husband ever, because he did all of this for me, AND I get to go shopping for new towels and new baskets, and I don't even have to defend buying new stuff, because he wants me to go get new towels and baskets!!!
Next, he made a small built in w/ BEAD BOARD on the wall next to the sink and mirror. It is shallow, but you can put the toothbrush stuff and little nick knacks. I don't care, its storage and I love it. Also on this wall he installed 4 new electrical outlets, because my only plug in was under the sink. He added a new peg board with hooks to hold my hand held mirror, the headband I use to wash my face, ponytail holders, etc. , and then he added a towel ring, because I was just having to lay the hand towel on the sink after we got done with it.
Last but not least, he gave me a vent. This room did not have a vent for AC or heat. We put in a shower vent with a light, but I am very hot natured AND add to that being pregnant, when I blow dry my hair I am sweating 1/2 thru and let me tell you that is not a pretty picture.




No comments:
Post a Comment