Monday, April 28, 2008

I bought me come baby stuff....

Last week was our anniversary....and in about 7 weeks we are welcoming a new addition to our lives...we decided to take a weekend for ourselves to celebrate our anniversary, have a babymoon, and shop for the baby...what can I say we like to multitask... We have had 2 ultrasounds and both times they are pretty sure it is a girl, but the umbilical cord was between the legs and they could only give us an 85% idea...well my husband is holding out for that other 15% for a boy...so we went to the big outlet malls in Branson, MO and we SHOPPED....


I have officially started buying for my new baby...and the one thing I really noticed as I was shopping for strollers and car seats was how much things have changed in 7 years since the last time I bought any of this stuff...
First we went to Target (YEAH!!!) and we found a play yard we really liked...sorry about the pic I could only find it in black and white...but it is a tan plaid...very gender neutral...it is the Eddie Bauer Sooth and Sway Play Yard... it has a bassinet for when the baby is tiny and it sways to help get them to sleep...it has a retractable changing table with spaces for wipes, diapers, powder, etc....
Then we ventured on to Springfield, MO to go to Babies R Us...and we found a really cool, hip looking Travel System...that is what they are called these days...it is a Baby Trend Travel System called Orange Oak...well, it comes with a stroller and an infant car seat...the stroller is nice, it has 2 adult cup holders, a little compartment for keys or cell phone, and the handle is adjustable for height...I adore that is a little different from the norm....and again very gender neutral
Last but not least I wanted to buy some everyday baby stuff...you know like the particular pacifiers that I wanted (Avent) , nursing pads and cream, and all the yummy stuff that makes baby smell sooo good...my husband made fun of me because I just kept going for all the Johnson & Johnson Bedtime Calming products with Chamomile & Lavender...I got the Bedtime Moist Bath, the Bedtime Lotion, the Lavander & Chamomile Powder, and Pampers Lavender Calming wipes...so my husband says we can calm the baby in the bath, calm it with lotion and then calm it by wiping it butt!!!!...oh well, I like it and that is all the matters....

No comments: