
We made a HUGE decision... I am quitting my job to stay home with my children!!!! I got to stay home with my son until he was 5 years old and then stayed home with my daughter until she was 2 1/2, then I went back to work. I have enjoyed my job, good money, great benefits, and I really did not think I wanted to quit, even after I got pregnant, then something happened to change my mind. My sweet, sweet baby girl arrived and from the moment I saw her beautiful face I knew I needed to be with her, only problem was I did not know if we could afford it.
SO...we put pencil to paper and PRAYED ALOT about it and with some tweaks to our budget and bills we figured out I could stay home. I am a worrier by nature and even after we decided, I was still undecided, you know what I mean? I worried about money, I worried about insurance, retirement, everything, but my husband kept telling me that if we prayed about it and kept our faith in God, he would lead us on His path and let us know what His will was for us to do, and he was right. When I put in my resignation this morning, I felt such a peace come about me and I have such a felling of faith and assurance that God will provide and take care of us, as long as we stay on HIS path.
We know that things are going to be TIGHT, but it will be worth it. I asked my two older kids what they would think about being able to come home on the bus after school instead of going to an after school daycare, or how about mom being able to be a room mom for your class and go on field trips with you, and they were both SOOO excited. I explained to them that things would be a little tight and we would all have to sacrifice a little, but in the long run it will be so worth it.
Keep us in your prayers, my last day is August 29th, YEAH!!!!
P.S. I have so many ideas for my blog, tutorials, recipes, swaps, and giveaways, and now I am going to have more time to do the things that have been on my To Do Lists, so please stick around, because the best is yet to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment