Thursday, March 6, 2008

Miss M is coming home

When I met Miss M for the first time, at a church that I just joined, she and I quickly became good friends. We were both going thru difficult times in our lives and the friendship we provided for each other proved to be what God knew we needed. My kids feel in love with her and she with them. We were an odd pairing, me being a mother of 2 and her being in high school , but we clicked. One thing led to another and her father and I started dating, fell in love, and decided to blend our families. What has always been a highlight to me in our relationship is that Miss M and I already loved and respected each other WAY before her dad and I ever even talked at all.


You would have to know her, but she is the most beautiful person inside and out. She is in her 2nd year at a wonderful little Baptist school in Arkansas and thriving. She lives for God, her family, friends, and church. There really is nothing that she could not do. She is full of spirit and life, lives on her computer and cell phone and has a strange affection for a cartoon named Strongbad. We have a running joke that she is like Cinderella and I am the haggy old stepmother, but truth be told we love each other very much and I could not have asked for a better step daughter.


Well, she is coming home this weekend for her spring break and we are all ready, we have not seen her since Christmas break and her dad is going into with drawls. They have such a great relationship, it has always been him and her, they have such a strong connection and similar faiths, that I love to see them together. We are supposed to get a lot of snow starting today and tomorrow, but her daddy announce last night that if it gets too bad for her to drive he was just kicking in the 4 wheel drive, hooking up his trailer (to load up her car) and going up there to get her, enough is enough he said, she has been gone long enough and he is not waiting. He would go up and get her tonight if he could.


Her birthday is next week and we are so happy that she will be here with us to celebebrate it.

No comments: