Saturday, March 15, 2008

It sucks to be pregnant and sick.



I want to say that this is the cartoon version of me, all hip and pregnant. Oh, and just pregnant in my belly, not showing anywhere else, like my face, or hips, butt, thighs, ankles, feet, arms, etc. Sadly no this is not the cartoon version of me, I wish, we have the same color hair though, close enough for me.

I have not posted in a while due to getting sick AGAIN!!! On Tuesday I had a normal doctor appt., and all check out, mom and baby doing good. Well Wednesday at work, I started having severe abdominal pains and thought I was having Braxton Hicks contractions. Quickly looked up Breasting Hicks and how long they should last and even if I was far enough along to have them (I know, I know, this is the 3rd time for me at this rodeo, but I have pregnant brain fog and I am lucky to remember my kids names right now). Well, the pain never let up and I went to the doctor that afternoon, this time the pain coming every 5-6 minutes. I was nervous, my husband was nervous, it was just too soon. So they hook me up to the monitor and no contractions, which was good, but ALOT of pain, so much that I really thought I was having contractions. My doctor wanted me to go across the street to the hospital and have them hook me up to their machines, so off we went. Got to the hospital and a WONDERFUL nurse named Rita helped us out. We stayed there about 2 1/2 hours and they sent us home. No contractions, no labor , and baby was being a champ. I like to think I handle pain relatively well, but I told my husband I was rethinking the whole "no drugs" thing, actually I told him that if I tried to go natural in 14 weeks, just hit me in the head, like in one of those "V8" commercials. (I forgot how much it really does hurt)

Well, they decided I had some sort of "gastrointestinal" virus and the baby sitting on top of all of it just intensified all the pain. They said that this sort of thing was going around and would have to run its course because they could not give me anything due to being pregnant. GREAT. So I was pretty much in pan for 2 more days, not being able to eat, only drink clear liquids, but today I am able to eat, and have been able to get out of bed, so YEA ME! My husband has been great, my mom has been great, and my kids have been great, taking care of me and helping me out. I hate to be out of the loop, and I really was, it was all I could do just to lay there, my abdomen was really sore and just alot of cramping, but I think I am coming around to the finish line, and now I can focus on the root canal I have to have this coming week. YEA ME!

No comments: