
This may be so wrong on so many levels, but really who am I kidding, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! Today is my 32nd birthday... there was no ticker tape parade... there will be no interrupting your regularly scheduled programing ..... but your birthday is the one day I truly feel is YOUR DAY.. you may not go out and do anything exciting, or get the worlds most fantabuous gift, but just knowing people love you and care about you, that is pretty exciting stuff....
Tonight I have a very exciting date with the PTO at my daughters elementary school where the president of the PTO torch will be passed on to none other than MOI!!! that's right people, I am a PRESIDENT now.... don't know if I am really ready for all of it, and I have a few things I think I am going to tweak and make a little more user friendly, so wish me luck...
This past Friday night, Mr. J went with his aunt and uncle to the county fair and Miss. S spent the night at a girlfriends house, so that left me, Baby O and Mr. D with nothing to do, so he decided to take me out for an early birthday dinner since tonight was already booked.... he took me to a great little Japanese restaurant and I got to have some sushi and enjoy some time with him.... I had been craving sushi since I talked to my dear friend Meghan whose boss made her and all her coworkers go eat some last week....
Mr. D does not buy me clothes or shoes as presents unless I specifically go to the store, put it on hold and then he goes and pays for it, he is afraid to waste money or getting something so horrible that it becomes a matter of folk lore.... so I was very impressed that he had actually went to a store and looked at a couple of jackets for my birthday, he was not sure which one I would like the most, so he told me to go there the next morning and take a gander...
So Saturday morning, Baby O and I get up around 6 a.m. and head out to the marathon training I am participating in.... we get done and then hinder all progress we made by meeting up with Mr. D at Cracker Barrel.... it was SOOO good and then we all head over to the store with the jackets.. one is a KAVU jacket and its really nice, but too much money for me not to be in love with it... then I saw a Patagonia coat that I LOVED, but alas my wallet did not agree with me... by this time Mr. D needed to go to work, so even though I was in my sweaty running clothes, I decided to head to Conway, about 45 minutes away, to go shopping for my birthday present... Conway is the closest town with a Target, TJMaxx, Kohl's, Old Navy, and all around shopping that is not available to us in our little town.... I hit all the stores and when I get to TJMaxx (which I LOVE) I find 2 great coats, one that looks t-totally like a North Face, I mean you can not tell the difference except there is no North Face logo on it, but other than that EXACTLY... and I got both coats for $37.... the North Face clone coat is black and I got a deep orange heavy jacket.... then I strolled over to Old Navy where they were having a FABU sale, everything that was already on sale was an additional 50% off... so I got me a pair of jeans and a couple shirts... by 2 pm Baby O and I were ready to go home...
After everyone got home, we had homemade chili and a cake that my dear mommy had ordered, which made me very happy since last year I had to make my own cake... I know, poor me... AND last night at church one of the youth made me a small cake but thought they would be funny and put Happy 50th on it.... ha ha ha... time will catch up to you too my pretty....

and what birthday would be complete without a banjo playing monkey... that's right, it would not be much of a birthday at all...
3 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I do need to ask you about your marathon training. I want to run one but have no idea how to start...do you have a schedule you use??
Happy birthday to you!!! Sounds like it's turning out to be a good one!
Happy Birthday to you!!!!
God bless you on being PTO president...been there done that..
Post a Comment