
As the title of my blog suggests, I have high ambitions... ALOT of high ambitions, and some times I set myself up for disappointment by having such high ambitions.... one of those ambitions is to be a great cook, and honestly I am just not that great... I can make our standards, you know like spaghetti, meatloaf, mashed potatoes, tacos and enchiladas, easy stuff.... So when I hear of a recipes that is easy on time, preparation and most importantly ME, I have to take a crack at it...
Class, today we are making Crock Pot Chicken and Terrific Banana Pudding.....
CROCK POT CHICKEN
1 whole chicken - washed and patted dry (mine was about 4 1/2 #'s)
Potatoes - scrubbed clean but with the skin still on
Foil
Olive oil or cooking spray
seasoning of your choice
*the size of your crock pot determines how many potatoes you will need
1. Scrub those potatoes, pat them dry, then wrap them in the foil and then place them in the bottom of your crock pot making one layer.....


2. Now take your chicken and rub some olive oil over the entire chicken or spray it with your cooking spray, what ever floats your boat.... then rub your seasoning all over, be generous as this will also flavor those Idaho babies underneath.... I used a Rosemary rub that I got from a Pampered Chef party, but you could use a mixture of spices, season salt or Cavander's - a personal favorite....

3. Place that pretty chick on top of those spuds, slap the lid on, turn it on high and in about 5-6 hours (depending on how hot your crock pot gets) you will get a wonderfully browned chicken and flavored baked potatoes.... WARNING!!!! do not try to cook this on Low, it will not turn out right .....

Now after a great dinner like that you HAVE to have dessert and not only a good dessert, but one that was very user friendly.....
TERRIFIC BANANA PUDDING.....

Bananas
Vanilla Wafers (generic store brand just as good)
2 small boxes of vanilla or banana pudding - I use banana
small tub of cool whip
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
milk
1. In a large bowl mix up the 2 boxes of pudding with 3 cups of milk, until set....
2. Now dump in the condensed milk, mix well and then dump in the entire container of cool whip .... mix it up....
3. Cut up your bananas... I did this as I went, so I wouldn't cut up too many....
4. In a large bowl, layer the wafers, pudding and bananas... there is no right or wrong way of the layers, just whatever goes here... I personally like to go wafers, then bananas then pudding and then at the top one more layer of wafers...
YUMMY IN MY TUMMY!!!!!!
If you have any user friendly recipes please share them .... I hope everyone had a great weekend and talk to you later gators....
No comments:
Post a Comment