Thursday, June 4, 2009

Writers Workshop....


Gosh, I have not done this in a while... I have some time to myself right now... all 3 kiddos are still asleep and mommy has the house to herself... I hopped on over to Mama's Losin' It and decided to join in the fun of her Writer's Workshop.....



Here are the prompts this week:


1.) If you could cut back on something in your life that takes up your time what would it be? And what would you prefer to spend that time doing?


2.) Share a recent adventure you had with a friend.


3.) Describe a memorable gift. Why was it important to you?


4.) If you could change career paths now and be anything you wanted to be...what would you be and why?



I wanna be like the cool kids and give short answers to all the prompts.....



1) If I had to give up something that was taking up my time it would have to be stressing out over stuff... I waste more time stressing out ... I hate it, it is almost like an addiction... I don't want to stress, then all of a sudden something sets me off and then I am on the roller coaster of anxiety and worry.... If I could give that up, I would spend it all with my kids just enjoying them, not worrying about their clothes getting dirty or the laundry....



2) This was the hardest prompt, because I am boring... no adventures here lately... so I thought back to my college days... My freshman year of college I went to Stephens College, it is a tiny all women's college right next to the University of Missouri, while there I met some pretty awesome girls and one fall break my friend Emily and I decided to go hand out at her house in St.Louis... so one of our sorority sisters gave us a ride.. sounds easy right... well Emily had just moved to St. Louis from New York state right before she moved on to college, so she did not know her way around town AT ALL, so here we are three 18 year old girls driving around EAST ST. LOUIS (bad part) with no clue where we are and this was the time before cell phones... so we tell the driver to drop us off and we will call Em's mom and she will find us... WE WERE SO FREAKIN' STUPID.....we walk with our back packs and pull along suit cases thru EAST ST. LOUIS and amazingly don't get killed or kidnapped.... we find our way to a hotel and proceed to sit there until her mom finds us like 3 hours later... that was an adventure I could remember...



3) I love to get gifts.. I know that that is not "PC", but I do, I like to guess what is in the box, I love the gift wrap or the tissue paper in the gift bag, I love the excitement, I love it all... On of the most memorable gifts would have been on Easter when I was about 6 or 7.... we lived in a house that had a stair case.. all the bedrooms were upstairs.... I wake up on Easter morning, dying to see what the Easter Bunny left me, so I get out of bed and what do I see?... I see little white bunny tracks the start at the side of my bed, so I follow them.... they lead all thru the hallway and down the stairs, they take some twists and turns and finally take me to the family room where they stop right in front of the biggest, baddest, most awesome My Little Pony doll hose WITH all the accessories and more candy then any child has the right to eat...


I guess what makes this so special to me is not really the present, but being a Mom now and knowing that my own mother went to alot of trouble to make that day so special for me... we still argue over how those "Bunny Tracks" got there... she swears she used a stencil and some powdered sugar, I know that she dipped our dogs paws into the sugar and let her walk around... we both know who's right......


4) Superhero.... nuff said......

11 comments:

Unknown said...

That was a very sweet thing your mother did. I think I like the paw idea too...less work for her and much cuter too!

Visiting from Mama Kat's!

S Club Mama said...

I didn't know you went to school in MO. I actually have a friend that went to Stephens, too!

Are you from around there? Do you live around there now? I can't remember (darn mommy brain)? I haven't had any adventures since...a long long time ago either. If we lived close, we should have an adventure sometime. :)

Anyway, thank you so much for your kind words. I hope this stage goes by fast. I need sleep. haha

kisatrtle said...

your mom sounds sweet. I enjoyed your post

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

I stress out over the small stuff!!

Your momma does sound sweet!! :)

MIITB said...

I am so stealing that track idea for christmas this year. How cute!!!

Jacquie said...

your mom sounds wonderfully sweet!

Robin said...

well....it sure is a small world isn't it?....
I grew up in Webster Groves, MO

And all I can say to 3 girls driving around in E. St. Louis is....Yikes! =:-0

It's amazing you are still here to write about it. :-)

Hope your day has been beautiful.

Aubrey said...

Superhero!

LOL

Good stuff!

Jenners said...

I love that you mom did that for you!! How wonderful! No wonder you are the "queen of crafty ambitions." And I totally love getting presents ... I won't lie. I'm all about getting them ... I just don't get them that often anymore. Oh...to be a kid again!

And I did lots of dumb stuff like your trip when I was younger. :)

My Chocolate Heart said...

I cannot believe it... you are the only other person I've ever known whose Mom made bunny tracks at Easter!! My mom did it every single year, even when we were teenagers. And now I do it every year for my kids! But my technique is unrefined... a cotton ball and baby powder!
Loved that story. :)

Aubrey said...

I tagged you over at my place! Come take a look!