Tuesday, June 2, 2009

What I have been up to....


WOW... I can't believe how long its been since I posted.... I honestly was shocked when I saw that this morning... what have I been doing with myself that was so important that I could ignore my blog and I won't even begin to tell you how long its been since I have visited all my wonderful bloggy friends...




Let me show you some of the things that I have been doing since I have been gone.....



You see this ugly blank spot above my couch..... my living room has a vaulted ceiling and I had this huge space and did not know what to do with it.... the metal thing I got from Hobby Lobby for 50% off (gotta love a sale) but I still needed something to go there that would make it POP!!!but I just did not know what, until I saw this over at The Nesting Place......



I know what you are thinking, a DOOR ? , but I loved the idea, so I asked my hubby, Mr. D to find me a door of my own.... this is what he got me.....




He found me an old antique five panel door that used to be in a church... AND it was FREE....it has all the old metal hardware and it was weathered, it just needed a little paint and a little help from the "GUN SHOW" .....
(He would KILL me if he knew I put this pic on here... shhh, don't tell him, OK?)






Isn't she a beaut? ..... I sanded her down just a smidge then painted her this lovely shade of turquoise... I did not get my paint brush too full so it would have a very weathered look... I did not want it to look like it had just been painted... I wanted it to look like I just happened to find the best old turquoise door just sitting around waiting for me to pick her up ..... after she dried I sanded over the door very lightly to just distress it enough... pictures really don't do her justice.....

OH, AND these are all the new pillows I sewed last week to make our living have some fresh summer color... I am no seamstress, but I think they turned out pretty good... (patting myself on the back right now)......

whatcha think?.....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE IT!

Aubrey said...

I saw the Nesters door idea! LOVED it. Your door turned out FAB-ulous!

I love the color and the distressed look!

S Club Mama said...

this is beautiful! aren't you afraid it'll fall on you? lol