Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I lead such an exciting life.....




OK, so yesterday I told ya'll that I was back... back with a vengeance.... back to reclaim some of my loyal friends and start blogging more..... (as you read this, you can hear "Back in Black" by AC/DC play) .... then Mr. J got sick yesterday... .running a really high fever and of course we could not get into our doctor..... but thru the day he seemed to be getting along just fine, but for some reason my kids can feel OK during the day, but once night sets in they automatically start to feel worse.... well, that is what happened.... around 7 p.m. Mr. J's fever had gone to 104, so I called the emergency room and they said to bring him in....



So Hubby, Mr. J, Baby O and I all load up in the 'Burb and head to the hospital .... Miss. S stayed with my mom..... after finally getting in, they took a throat culture and determined that he has strep throat..... GREAT.... the doc gives us an option of a shot or a weeks worth of med..... against Mr. J's request for the later, I went with the shot..... first, his throat is so swollen and sore that he can't even hardly swallow anything, and I wanted the med to start working as fast as possible.... and I did not want to "accidentally" forget a dose or something like that, not like I have ever forgotten anything important like that, nope, not me...

The nurse comes in with the shot and Mr. J FREAKS OUT!!!! I mean tears, crying, talking at that high pitch voice kids get when they are upset, the one that only dogs can hear..... so the nurse calls in 2 more nurses.... big nurses, to hold him down..... I had to turn away, I could not handle it, because, as his mommy I did not want him to hurt, but it was also a little funny, because I knew the minute it was over, then the fit would be over..... and it was for the most part....



We leave the hospital around 10 p.m. and head over to Wal-Mart to get some liquid ibuprofen and some ice cream for the little pincushion..... I run in a get the stuff, pay and head out the double doors, but then it hits me.... that delicious smell.... Subway .... but I head out anyways to the waiting car.... I get in and tell hubby how good it smelled and he reminds me that I did not eat any supper, so he suggests I go back in and grab a sandwich, God love that man, so I did..... but as I was paying, do you know what I see.... a big, beautiful, salty pretzel.... so I get one of those and head out the door.... I get in the car and proceed to eat my pretzel all the while hubby is laughing at me, because I go in to get a sandwich, but come out eating a pretzel... oh well.... guys just don't get it......



BY THE WAY, I really hhave some stuff I wanted to show ya'll, but I hooked my camera up to the computer and it said something is wrong with my USB drive... FREAKIN' FREAK..... here I am on the verge of a comeback that could rival the McRib sandwich, but NOOOO, will my computer let me, NOOOOO .... so until I figure this out, ya'll just have to bear with me.... I know, I ask alot of you guys.....






8 comments:

jenn said...

I'm home today with a sick baby too. Obviously not as sick as Mr. J. So far it looks like just a cold and fever. I hope that she doesn't get strep!

Hope Mr. J is feeling better.

Celine said...

Whaaaatttt??? We need pics! ;)
I hope Mr J. will feel better soon!

Aubrey said...

Oh NOOOOO! If it's not one thing, it's another! Hope Mr. J is feeling better soon! Sooner means you can come back to us! LOL I know, I'm selfish!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Oh strep sucks!! Hope Mr. J feels better soon.

I probably would have gotten a pretzel, too!!

Kelsey said...

Oh wow, everyone is sick now!! Poor little guy, I can totally relate with him on the shot thing. I despise them.

Nessa said...

Hope the little one is feeling better soon! My kids do that "fine during the day, awful fever at night" thing as well. It and shots are no fun.

My Chocolate Heart said...

Hey Jennie,
I can relate...I have a child that goes from zero to Freak Out! in a nanosecond. And why is it that they ALWAYS get sick at night?!? Just Murphy's law, I guess.
I sure hope the little one is feeling better now, and life returns to peaceful.
Bless you!
Jennie

S Club Mama said...

you are so stinking cute! hope he's feeling better!

PS a pretzel sounds SOOO good, especially from Pretzelmaker...ooo I need to find one soon.