Monday, March 23, 2009

Things I am loving right now.....


"YOU'D BE SURPRISED HOW MUCH IT COSTS TO LOOK THIS CHEAP"

DOLLY PARTON


I love when you go to a web site like Sephora, Walgreens,or Drugstore.com and you look up a product and they have reviews from people who have bought it.... I am the kind of person who wants to hear from other people about what workd for them and ecspecially what does not work for them.... because the last thing I want is more stuff filling up my already tiny bathroom that just doesn't sut it for me.....




I have mentioned before that I am what can be sweetly called a "Product Junkie" ..... I love me some new lipstain or shampoo..... I would even give some of those "As Seen On TV" products a try if they really worked.... I need to make my beauty buck stretch out as far as I can.... I love when you read a review about something and I buy it and it really does work..... I also love it when everyday women share their little beauty secrets, because, hey, who doesn't want to learn some new tricks or hear about a product you have been eyeballing but just can't seem to lay down the money for it yet....



I will be honest, there are somethings that I truly believe you can scrimp on and some that you just can't.... I have products that range from the "There is NOOOO way I am telling my hubby how much that cost".... to "I can't believe something so inexpensive can work so well"....



Here are some of my faves.... and please let us all know some of yours....






Bio-Oil apx. $14


I had seen this is my local Walgreen's and in some magazines, but truth be told, I have bigger issues than stretch marks to worry about.... but then a few months ago when Mr. D's tools were stolen, I started to break out like never before, from all the stress.... well I would not touch them but they would scab over (gross, I know) and leave red marks, which was worse then the sit itself.... so I looked this stuff up on Walgreen's and Drugstore.com and the reviews were amazing... from stretch marks to dry skin and even old acne marks... so I started to use it and to be honest I thought how is putting OIL on my face going to help me out AT ALL, but it did... my face is still healing up, but it is doing so SO much faster and my skin has never felt so good....




Softsoap Body Butter Apricot Scrub apx. $3.50


This stuff is great... cheap...smells great.... super moisturizer and you get to exfoliate while you use your poofy..... I used to wash with a regular body wash then with an exfoliant, but now I have cut out one step and who doesn't need more all in one products....








Pantene Pro-V Nature Fusion Smooth Vitality Shampoo apx. $4


I am always on the hunt for a great shampoo and / or conditioner .... I use one for a while and it just doesn't seem to do its magic anymore..... I have naturally thick, curly hair and some shampoos don't get it clean enough, some strip it of all moisture but this one rocks... it gets my hair clean and it makes it feel so soft but not weighed down.... now I only need to find a great conditioner....





Revlon Colorstay 12 hour eyeshadow quad in "In the Buff" apx. $7


I have several of these and they are awesome... just as good as the more expensive department store brands and with this price you can buy several .... this one is great for everyday, very natural ... I have never mastered the whole "eyeliner" thing, I always come out looking tough, like a biker chick on a bender, so I wet a Q-Tip and dip it in the darkest shade and use that as my eyeliner....





Chapstick Classic Chapstick in Spearmint apx. $1


I have confessed my addiction to chapstick... I actually asked for 5-10 tubes of it for Christmas, so I could always have on on hand.... it is great and I use it all day long... when I am going out I use a lipstain, let it set and top it off with this... I don't have time to tote around anything that requires a mirror to put it on, and this gives a soft sheen, so VIOLA! I look polished and put together....





Generic Value Products Smoothing Serum apx. $7.50


I used to buy the Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum that cost about $20 for a bottle half as small, and then I discovered GVP products at Sally Beauty Supply and it has saved my wallet.... it contains the EXACT same ingredients and works EXACTLY as the Paul Mitchell.... I put a litlle bit in my towel dried hair, and no matter if I am wearing it curly or straight, it helps my hair not to be to puffy and it makes it incredibly soft and shiny....




Bed Head Hard Head Hairspray apx. $13


This is probably one of the most expensive things I use on my hair, but it is one thing I have found that I don't want to scrimp on.... it NEVER flakes, can be easily brushed out and it smells divine.... I have those kind of bangs that when I wear my hair straight come half across my forehead, very chic, but I need a hairspray to keep it there and out of my eyes, and this does the trick.....



I love the fact that I have used the phrase "I love..." about 100 times in this post, but what can I say, I love to start sentences with "I love..." .... so if you have something that justs makes your day go so much smoother, let me know, it maybe jsut what I am looking for.....

4 comments:

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

I heard about that Bio-Oil....I might hav eto take a trip to Wal-greens now!

I love me some chapstick, too!!

Christian said...

Did you know JC Penney is selling Sephora products now?

Aubrey said...

Oh how I ♥ Bed Head Hard Head Hairspray! (say that 10 times fast. LOL) I am going to have to try that generic serum now! I'm intrigued!

I too am a product junkie! I just recieved another shipment of Philosophy 3 in 1 Body Wash. It smells great, has the best lather and makes my skin feel divine. It's worth the $$$!

Sarah said...

I love recommendations for these kinds of things....there are a gazillion new products every time I look! I just gave you an award for your wonderful blog!