
Hello, my dear, sweet friends out there in blogger land... how have you been? Good I hope... I have missed being on here, writing, reading, visiting, connecting... this was my blog, something that was all mine, I did not have to share it with anyone, and the people who read it liked me and I liked them...I hope to find my way back to this blog 'o mine, find a way to make the time, because I just ran out of time lately... not whining, just feel like I had to give up somethings that I selfishly really did not want to... it just seemed like there was something always going on, we passed the flu bug back and forth, back and forth, back and forth... YUCK, YUCK, YUCK....
Around Christmas time I told myself I was weaning Baby O, she and I had had our nursing experience and it was time for us to break up, swore that I was not going to ring in 2010 with an 18 month old still nursing (not that there is anything wrong with that, our time was just up)....2010 has not exactly rang in the way I expected... in mid January, Baby O got Pneumonia, double ear infections and RSV... we had almost weaned entirely, but suddenly she was really sick and she would not eat ANYTHING, and my doctor told me that I needed to keep nursing her, so my milk came back with a vengeance... it took us a while to get her well and of course as it does in your homes, life goes on, no matter who is sick, bills have to be paid, groceries have to get got, ball practices, games, homework and life...
this is her little iv... they had to wrap it up, it looked like a cast...

this is her poor little face... she had a temp of about 105... she was sick little girl....
this is her happy face... she would not eat, but then her daddy found her some Bugles and she was in heaven....


Then came February... month started off OK, actually started a blog post, but had to save it for a later date... then on the weekend of the 5th my mom (who lives with us) started to act like she had the flu again... so it was a long weekend of her being sick, throwing up and the works... she looked a little worse for wear and she complained that this had to be the worst flu ever, but she resisted going to the doctor, saying they would not give her anything anyways... by Wednesday the 10th, I convinced her to go to the doctor and he told her to go the hospital IMMEDIATELY and when we got there they took us up, got her hooked up to all sorts of tubes, shoved a NG tube down her nose to her stomach and took some x-rays.... a surgeon came in asap and stated that he did not know exactly what was wrong but he saw an obstruction in her intestines that needed to be removed, but he could not tell a whole lot more because there was so much infection on the x-rays, he could not see thru it... he prepared us for all the scenarios that he may find once he got in there...
After her emergency surgery, the doc came out and said that there were 2 things working against her... one was that she has Diverticulitis, which caused the obstruction in her intestines, and the one he removed was about the size of a large to go cup.... second, her appendix had burst about 5 days before and she did not know it... all the infection had turned to gangrene and had caused the swelling in her abdomen and that is what she had been throwing up... Gross, I know... my mother also suffers from Lupus, diabetes and has had stints put in her heart... they put her in ICU and she is still in the hospital ... they have to watch her heart and her blood pressure... she is doing better, we had a rough patch, but they actually moved her to a regular room about 2 days ago...
In the midst of all of this, my good friend Patty, who owns her own business, has 3 kids and is busy beyond belief has taken over, in the best possible sense all of my presidential duties as of late for the PTO and she even brought me dinner twice... she has been a great friend the last few weeks and I love her more for it...
My hubby has been a trooper thru it all.... he gets stuck with all the kids who are cranky and want mommy home, but since she was in ICU for so long I could only go at noon, 5 and 8 pm.... and even then it was only for an hour at a time.. so many times at the later visits I would stay and hang around the hospital... I think he got the short end of the stick.... My kiddos have had a rough go lately, we thrive on routine and lately we have had none... they are hanging in there though...

WOW... did not mean to unload all of that on ya'll, but it feels good to get it out there... for those of you who hung on while I was gone, thanks and hopefully I will be back sooner rather later...
5 comments:
Oh my! You have been through it lately. I hope things start to look up soon.
Oh dear! I'm so sorry. I wish I would have known...I'll be praying for your routine to come back, for your mom. I really hope she gets better. What an awful time you've had! Poor gal...but I am glad you're back!
jennie from the blog....i am so happy that you are writing on here. it's therapeutic, and you need to get it out. i truly hope that your mom is on the mend and you can get some normalcy back in your life. i'm glad that you have such a great support system to help you through this really hard time. i super duper love having you as a bloggy friend. have a wonderful day!!!xoxo
p.s. your kids are ADORABLE!!!!
I was beginning to wonder what all was going on. So sorry to hear about all of that! If you need some dinners brought for you and your family let me know! Seriously!!! I know it's hard when things like that happen. Let me know!
We'll be here when you are ready! That is what blog friends are for, and I will say a prayer for you and your family right now.
Post a Comment