Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My Mothers Day Present....

Mr. D is very supportive of me trying to get healthy and get into shape.... he encourages me to make good food choices (even when he is not) and motivates me to walk... so when Mothers Day came around he asked me what I wanted and I said "I want a new pair of running shoes" and he did not flinch and off we went....


As you know I live in Arkansas, but in my town there are only so many places to buy shoes and I knew that if I am serious about trying to take up running I wanted a good pair of shoes.... I had heard of a place in Conway, AR called The Sporty Runner ... let me tell you it was worth the 45 minute drive, and if you ever need anything running related you NEED to go there.... the wonderful sales man ( I forgot his name, but he totally ROCKED MY FACE OFF with his knowledge and patience) had me walk bare footed and run so he could look at the way I turn my feet, the way I land on my feet and how my arch looked... he brought out several pairs of shoes, all different brands and never pushed one brand over another or tried to sale me anything I did not need.... awesome, awesome, awesome service.... this is what I decided on.....




The Saucony ProGrid Guide 2 ... they fit me like a glove and are quite possible the most comfy shoe I have ever worn.... and you know what... If I had to go into a store and pick out a shoe on my own, I go for the aesthetics first, the ones that look the coolest, the one that when everyone sees it on my feet they know that I am a cool girl with cool shoes... but not this time, nope, nada, no way... this time I chose what was best for my and my feet and to help me reach my goals.....

I also got a couple pairs of WigWam socks and they are GREAT, no slipping down the back of my heels as I walk and they really hug my arch....


( I am not getting ANY kind of compensation to say these things about The Sporty Runner, I am just a very satisfied customer, and Mr.D was so impressed that even after shelling out the dough for my new kicks he tipped the guy !!!!!)



After we left there we headed over to a huge shoe store in Conway called Wilkinson's and got Baby O her first official pair of Nike's.....


and then I spotted these bad boys and I am now totally craving a pair if these Chaco sandals....


aren't they cute, I love them, but after getting these new kicks, I am going to have to wait a bit for these... longing makes me love them even more.....

4 comments:

jenn said...

When it comes to my workout shoes, I go for function over looks. But I've never had a salesperson that acted like they knew what they were doing. I have to go in knowing what I want already. That's awesome!

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

Good to know there are actually some people out there who still know what customer service is all about! It is so worth a few extra bucks to get the help you need when you walk into a store to spend your hard earned cash. Oh and BTW...those little pink Nikes are adorable!

~Amanda

Aubrey said...

Don't you love when you have a great experience, with a great salesperson, at a store?!?!? And to get a great pair of kicks out of it too! Score!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Love me some Chacos!!!